A fun little Halloween snack after all the Trick & Treating is done – you could even get the kids to help you with these. If you can’t get your hands on edible eyes, just use some cream cheese and small pieces of black olives.
1 sheet of puff pastry
1 packet of veggie sausages
Ketchup & mustard
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Roll the puff pastry out like a book in front of you. Cut the sheet from top to bottom into thin strips (app. 1cm). You will need about 2 strips per sausage.
- Roll the strips around the sausage and leave a small gap at the top for the eyes.
- Place on a baking sheet, brush with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and decorate with edible eyes (use a small dot of mustard to help them stick in place).
- Serve with some ketchup and mustard on the side.