This is a nutritious meal that is so easy to make, you’ll have it ready in no time. Use sweet potatoes or regular baking potatoes if you prefer. You can also substitute the vegetables or beans with different types. To speed this up, you can cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave for abut 10 minutes each.
- 4 medium or 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: grated cheese
- Fresh herbs
- Lime juice
- 200g peas
- Handful of fresh mint
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the oven to 220C/430F.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork, then arrange on a tray and bake in the oven until they are tender. Depending on the size of the potatoes, this can take 40-50 minutes. Alternatively, after having pierced them, cook each sweet potato in the microwave for 10 minutes, turning it half way through.
- During this time, heat the oil in a small pan.
- Fry the onion and garlic at medium heat until they are soft.
- Add the chopped pepper, tomato puree, spices, a splash of water, salt & pepper and continue to fry for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthways. Scoop the flesh out, leaving a small area around the sides. Mix the sweet potato flesh with the fried veggies, beans and corn. Fill into the sweet potato halves, top with some grated cheese and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients of the aioli to a blender and pulse a few times.
- Serve with the pea aioli, sprinkled fresh herbs and some lime juice.
For a limited time we have a discount code for our online store. For 10% off our Wellness Course, Guidance Cards and Kids Cards, use the code ‘selfcare’ at checkout!