This quick and easy pasta is so delicious with zesty lemon, fresh asparagus, basil, chilli, garlic and parmesan cheese. A few cherry tomatoes will add a pop of colour and if you didn’t have asparagus, you could even substitute with broccoli florets.
It is one of those dishes where the ingredients really do all the talking. You can be generous with the lemon juice and basil, the flavours will all come together in the end, creating a delicious and quick meal.
Make sure you read the recipe fully before starting – the dish is very easy to put together as long as you remember to reserve a bit of the pasta water before draining the linguine..
- 180g linguine
- Olive oil
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/2 red chilli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 basil leaves
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions in salty water. When it is cooked, take out 1/2 cup of the pasta water and keep aside. Drain the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce: Cut the asparagus tips off, then cut the stalks into fine slices on the diagonal.
Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Slice the red chilli finely and mince the garlic.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pan. Add the asparagus slices and tips and cherry tomatoes and fry at medium to high heat for 5 minutes. Stir regularly so they don’t burn.
- Add the lemon zest, chilli and minced garlic. Stir and let it cook for another 3-4 minutes. Set aside until the pasta is ready.
- Now add the cooked pasta, the pasta water, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and torn basil leaves. Stir vigorously so that the sauce turns creamy.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Serve immediately with some extra grated parmesan cheese on top.