A fabulous side dish that will go with anything and tastes good hot or cold. Sweet potatoes have a rich flavour so you can go ahead and pair them with something strong that will not be overpowered, such as cinnamon and some heat from the Sriracha sauce.
- 1kg sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or soft brown sugar)
- Handful of pistacchios
- Microgreens such as pea shoots (or use rocket leaves if micro greens not available)
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 215C
- Scrub and slice the sweet potatoes into rounds, no need to peel them. If the rounds are too large, cut them again into halves.
- In a large bowl, mix the sriracha, lime juice, salt, melted coconut oil, cinnamon and coconut sugar. Toss the sweet potato slices in the mix and make sure they are well coated.
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper and spread the sweet potatoes out. It is important here to use two sheets so that the pieces have enough room around them. If they are too close they will steam but not bake.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip over and brush with any leftover dressing. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- During this time, shell the pistacchios and lightly crush them with a knife or a mortar & pestle.
- Remove the sheets from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. Dress the sweet potatoes with some coconut yoghurt, greens and the crushed pistacchios.