The gorgeous weather we’re enjoying at the moment calls for light meals, and this salad is the perfect dish for hot summer days.
The potatoes can be boiled or roasted. This recipe states roasted, but if you prefer boiling them, do that first. Once boiled, removed them from the water without draining and then cook the beans in the same water.
- 1kg baby potatoes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Pinch of thyme
- 500g green beans
- Ice cubes
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 8 black olives, pitted and sliced
- For the dressing
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Depending on the size of the potatoes, slice them in half to have them all at an equal size. Spread out on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and dry thyme. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- During this time, trim the green beans by cutting off about 1 cm from each end. Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add a pinch of salt, then add in the beans and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and if possible, add to an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Arrange the potatoes, beans and sliced olives on a serving platter. Drizzle over the lemon zest.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar and give it a good shake. Just before serving, add the dressing over the salad.
- Leftovers will last in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Do you feel like it’s time to make a change? Our online wellness course is based around my pillars of self-care and will give you practical, actionable tools to make the changes you’ve always wanted to make. Create new healthy habits, make time for joy and build up your self-worth with the help of our psychology experts. Check out our latest offer HERE.