Does anything say ‘Summer’ more than Bruschetta? Tomatoes are bursting with flavour right now, and as holidays are out for now, let’s bring Italy into our kitchen this week.
A good quality sourdough bread works best here.
- 1/2 baguette
- 6 small sun ripened vine tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed finely
- Handful of basil leaves, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Heat the oven to 160C.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the topping in a bowl and set aside for a few minutes.
3. Cut the baguette diagonally into regular slices. Lay out on a baking sheet and toast for app. 5 minutes in the oven.
4. Top the slices with the tomato basil mix and serve immediately.
Join us at The Good Glow Retreat in September where you will get the perfect opportunity to switch off from the world.
Recipe created exclusively for The Good Glow by The Nourished Bowl.