There are days when you fancy pasta, but not in a heavy cream sauce, and that’s when this dish hits all the buttons. It is ready in 30 minutes and can be served hot or cold. The recipe below is for 2, but if you served is as a side with some veggie sausages, chicken or fish, it could stretch to 3-4 people.
- 1 medium courgette (app 200g)
- 1 medium aubergine (app 250g)
- 2 medium sized regular tomatoes
- 250g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 garlic cloves (not peeled)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 170g rigatoni
- 10 black olives, pitted
- Flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Peel the large tomatoes: Place them in a bowl and cover with boiling water for 10 minutes, then peel the skin off with a small knife. Cut them into halves and remove the seeds.
- Chop the courgette and aubergine into regular shapes and place on a lined baking sheet. Add the peeled tomato halves, the cherry tomatoes on the vine and the garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- For the pasta, place a large pot with water on the hob and bring to the boil. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. They should be al dente, not overcooked. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven. Chop the tomato halves, remove the cherry tomatoes from the vines and squeeze out the garlic. Add all the vegetables to the empty pasta pot, add the pasta and stir everything together. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Place the pasta in a large serving bowl, add olives and chopped flat leaf parsley.
Join us at The Good Glow Retreat in September where you will get the perfect opportunity to switch off from the world.
Recipe created exclusively for The Good Glow by The Nourished Bowl.